We started rolling out vPlanner V4 to our user base around the Lean Construction Congress week and now the roll out is complete. As we always do with all our major releases, the roll out will be gradual and new features will continue to be added in the next several months. Here are a few of the things that are new in vPlanner V4 in the first phase of the roll out:
- Improved Support for Takt Planning: vPlanner is the only production planning solution that supports Takt Planning concepts to drive workplan priorities based on pull planning concepts.
- Mobile Commitment Manager: this is a completely new addition to vPlanner that is designed specifically for managing commitments on the workplan. It is written using HTML5 so that users can access their commitments from any device.
- Automated Messaging: We worked hard so that our automated messaging system provides relevant information without replacing the best practices of collaborative planning and daily huddles which are still required to use vPlanner effectively.
- Workflow Driven Interface with CPM Tools: vPlanner continues to offer best-in-class support for P6, MS Project and LoB (Schedule Planner). We improved the Import Manager which is workflow driven to provide better mapping and merge features so that teams can improve the alignment between the near-term and long-term planning horizons.
- Automated Account Management: The new tools are designed to reduce the time administrators spend managing user accounts.
- Improved Performance (64-bit support). Our project teams continue to push the envelop on what they plan with vPlanner. Our 1-billion plus project teams can now organize their production teams to manage thousands of activities with no noticeable impact on performance. Of course smaller project teams will benefit from this as well.